We are member of or collaborate with:
To become a member of the Naturalists' Club, pay the first membership fee (20 PLN, 50% discount for pupils) and print, fill out, sign and send us the following declaration by mail.
Member contributions of 20 PLN (10 PLN for pupils) per year should be credited to the account:
BZ WBK S.A. Swiebodzin
28 1090 1593 0000 0001 0243 0645
1 Maja Str 22
We also ask you to sign transfers:
Membership fee for the year ....
Naturalist’s Club is an organisation which conducts different activities in the field of nature conservation and environmental education. It was established in 1983, officially registered in 1989. In 2001 during the 20th General Meeting the Club’s old name Lebus Naturalist’s Club (Lubuski Klub Przyrodników) was changed to its current name. It was one of the consequences of expanding area of the Club’s activities in the whole country.
The Club is active thoughout whole Poland, especially in its western part. The general headquarter is situated in Świebodzin (Lubuskie Voivodeship). The main fields of action are nature conservation and environmental education. Nature Conservation Study deals with inventories, nature conservation, environmental projects, documentation, and drawing up plans of protected areas such as nature reserves, landscape parks etc. as well as preparation of scientific expertise and opinions.
To the Club’s activities belong purchase of grounds with high natural values and establishing of “private” nature reserves. At presents the Club is an owner of five such areas (xerothermic grasslands by Owczary, meadows in Koźminek, meadows at Obra River, meadows in Rybocice and Ilanki Valley), which cover the area of 100 ha. The most known “private” nature reserve is xerothermic grasslands in Owczary at the Odra River. A very important issue is joint work with local administration. Each year many conferences, workshops and courses in nature conservation as well as scientific meetings are organized. In the frame of environmental education there are two nature exhibitions available: one in the Museum of Nature in Kostrzyn (at the Odra River), the other in the Meadow Museum in Owczary (by Górzyca). Each year around 10 000 visitors come there. In Owczary there is also Club’s Field Station.
In the frame of environmental education excursions, camps and competitions for children and youth are organized.
The Club also publishes many different informational materials: books, newsletters, leaflets, which are both for professionals and amateurs. Every three months, each member of the Club receives a bulletin, "The Stork".
Every year more than ten publications are prepared by the The Publishing Company of Klub Przyrodników. Club’s activities are based mostly on involvement of the Club’s members, scientists as well as on the work of volunteers. It is also important for us that societies and institutions work together.
Protection of nature and its diversity, especially rare and endangered species, and natural habitats, supporting nature - friendly land use, and sustainable development. Promotion of nature issues among different societies, sharing knowledge and experiences concerning nature protection with everyone, who is interested in it, inspiring and supporting activities connected with nature exploring and nature conservation.
Members of the Management Board:
Robert Stańko - The President
Paweł Pawlaczyk - The Treasurer
Katarzyna Barańska - The Secretary
Marta Jermaczek - Sitak